Our magazine and popular journal reviews the progress made, including barriers overcome, in the safe water scale-up. It has been widely acclaimed as a leader in next-generation journal publishing, and used as a model for training for editors and publishers.
Upscale issue 1 included:
- Partnership management: more meetings please
- Design: be sure to use the accidents
- Sachet cachet: who should untie the knot?
- Poster of ceramic filters and producer
- Social investment: visionary fountains
- Desire: the first will be last
- Record record-keeping: safety in numbers
- A day in the life, of Terri Njeri Macharia, kiosk owner
Upscale issue 2 included:
- Right stuff: A powerful, exclusive interview with Catarina de Albuquerque, the UN Special Rapporteur on the right to safe drinking water and sanitation
- Revolutions, Health Service, Heart of the matter: the accounts of three experienced practitioners
- Carbon credits as revenue stream: A balanced introduction to potential revenues for HWTS from this enticing but complex new economy
- Poster on issues of customer response and design enhancement of a candle filter in production in Malawi
- Spice girls: the front and back office of a most innovative water-centric NGO